Pretzel snacking tips for basketball lovers everywhere
HANOVER, Pa. (Mar., 2012) – March Madness could draw more than 2.5 million viewers a day, with each spending an average of 90 minutes watching games. From the best teams to the best players to the best snack foods, it’s a grueling fight to the Final Four. Snack foods are the backbone of sports parties and when the game-time munchies kick in this season, you can count on the great taste of Snyder’s of Hanover® pretzels.
Between streaming live games from your office cubicle to watching games at the bar or from the comfort of your own couch, the NCAA March Madness tournament games offer more than 60 excuses from now through April 2 to snack, snack, snack away. Below are tips to keep your March Madness snacking fresh and flavorful without going overboard on calories and fat.
- Game time dips can be hearty and filling. Reach for the pretzels when digging in to balance out the calories. Honey Wheat Sticks or Pumpernickel and Onion Sticks from Snyder’s of Hanover® are both strong enough to stand up to even the thickest of dips — dunk, after dunk, after dunk.
- If you’re in the game for the long haul and need a burst of flavor that packs a punch worthy of Final Four stardom, Snyder’s Pretzel Pieces come in several different varieties including Hot Buffalo Wing and Bacon Cheddar. With no more than 7g of fat, these pretzel pieces offer a full-bodied flavor that will keep your taste buds partying well into the second half.
- When you don’t want to ruin your appetite but you need a half-time snack to hold you over, Snyder’s of Hanover’s Pretzel Chips or 100-Calorie Packs are a great option that won’t spoil your dinner.
- The best NCAA teams are a combination of all star players and with Pretzel Sandwiches, Snyder’s uses the same mentality. With peanut butter, cheddar cheese or jalapeno cheddar filling, Pretzel Sandwiches offer the perfect combination of ingredients for any March Madness fan.
- There is no greater showdown than that between sweet and salty. Luckily, Snyder’s chocolate-dipped pretzel varieties are the perfect call to satisfy both cravings.
- Sourdough pretzel varieties are a Snyder’s all-time fan favorite. From Sourdough Hards to Nibblers and beyond, the savory sourdough flavor offers a tasty addition to game-watching.
Any traditional pretzel, whether it is Minis, Snaps or Sticks are a healthy and low-fat snacking option. For more game-time snacking ideas and recipes visit Snyder’s of Hanover® on Pinterest. Happy snacking!
# # #
About Snyder’s of Hanover
For more than 100 years, Americans have enjoyed Snyder’s of Hanover® pretzels. With its unique sourdough heritage, Snyder’s of Hanover® pretzels today are available across the country in single-serve sizes as well as larger, 10, 12 and even 16-ounce bags perfect for sharing. Today, America’s favorite pretzel is available in a wide variety of flavors, recipes and shapes including traditional hard pretzels, flavored pretzel bites, sticks, rods, nibblers and even gluten-free options. For more information, visit www.snydersofhanover.com. Or find Snyder’s of Hanover® on Facebook or Twitter.
Snyder’s-Lance, Inc., (Nasdaq-GS: LNCE) headquartered in Charlotte, NC, manufactures and markets snack foods throughout the United States and internationally. The Company’s products include pretzels, sandwich crackers, potato chips, cookies, tortilla chips, restaurant style crackers, nuts and other snacks. Snyder’s-Lance has manufacturing facilities in North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Iowa, Indiana, Georgia, Arizona, Massachusetts, Florida, Ohio, and Ontario, Canada. Products are sold under the Snyder’s of Hanover®, Lance, Krunchers!, Cape Cod, EatSmart Naturals, Jays, Grande, Tom’s, Archway, O-Ke-Doke, and Stella D’oro brand names along with a number of private label and third party brands. Products are distributed widely through grocery and mass merchandisers, convenience stores, club stores, food service outlets and other channels. LNCE-G