Pretzel Fudge Cookies
Snyder’s of Hanover®/Crayola®
2013 Crayola Experience Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Sweepstakes begins at 3:00 p.m. Central Time (CT) on July 15, 2013 and ends at 3:00 p.m. CT on January 31, 2014 (“Sweepstakes Period”). Sweepstakes open to residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry. Void where prohibited by law.
1. To enter online, go to www.facebook.com/snydersofhanover and follow the instructions accessible by the Crayola tab to complete and submit an official online entry form during the Sweepstakes Period. To enter by mail, hand print your name, complete street address, daytime and evening phone numbers, and age on a 3" x 5" card and mail your entry to: 2013 Snyder’s “Crayola Experience” Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 1876, Poughkeepsie, NY 12601-1876. No other methods of entry are acceptable. Mailed entries must be postmarked by January 31, 2014, and must be received by February 10, 2014, to be eligible. The Official Rules are available on the Snyder’s of Hanover Facebook page, or to obtain a copy of the Official Rules by mail, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope (VT residents only may omit return postage) by January 20, 2014 to: 2013 Snyder’s “Crayola Experience” Sweepstakes Rules Request, P.O. Box 1876, Poughkeepsie, NY 12601-1876. Limit one request per envelope. All materials submitted become the property of Snyder’s-Lance, Inc. and will not be returned. Limit one entry per person/e-mail address/household address by any method throughout the entire Sweepstakes Period. By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to these Official Rules.
2. No mechanically reproduced or photocopied entries permitted. Snyder’s-Lance, Inc., (“Sponsor”), its affiliates, subsidiaries and agencies are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, unintelligible, returned or undelivered entries, email, or for lost, interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections availability, accessibility or traffic congestion, miscommunications, failed computer, network, telephone, satellite or cable hardware or software or lines, or technical failure, or jumbled, scrambled, delayed or misdirected transmissions, computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of this Sweepstakes or website, or act in violation of the Official Rules, or act in any manner to threaten or abuse or harass any person, or violate website’s terms of service, as solely determined by the Sponsor, will be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information whether caused by website users, tampering, hacking, or by any of the programming or equipment associated with or used in this sweepstakes, and assumes no responsibility for any errors, omission, deletion, interruption or delay in operation or transmission or communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized website access. Any use of robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like entry methods will void all such entries, and may subject that entrant to disqualification. Sponsor is not responsible for injury or damage to participants’ or any other persons’ computer or property related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes. Should any portion of Sweepstakes be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair administration, security, fairness or proper play of this Sweepstakes, or submission of entries, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes, and randomly select the winners from among all valid and eligible entries received prior to action taken, or otherwise as may be deemed fair and equitable by the Sponsor. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of any entrant, the authorized subscriber of the email account used to enter online or the individual named in the mailed entry will be deemed to be the entrant, and must comply with these rules. The authorized account subscriber is the natural person who is assigned the email address by the ISP or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses. All materials submitted become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
3. Winner will be selected in a random drawing to be held on or about February 12, 2014 from among all eligible entries received by an independent judging agency, whose decisions are final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Winner will be notified by mail and/or telephone at the address or phone number provided at the time of entry. Winner may not substitute or transfer prize but Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize or prize component with a prize or prize component of equal or greater value.
4. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received. Winner will be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability and Publicity Release and an IRS W-9 Form within seven (7) days of prize notification. In the event of noncompliance within this time period, prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected. Any prize notification or prize returned to the Sponsor or its agencies as undeliverable will result in disqualification.
5. Employees and the immediate families of employees of Snyder’s-Lance, Inc., its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, wholesale distributors, and individual retail licensees are ineligible. This Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state and local regulations. Taxes, if any, are solely the responsibility of the winner. Winner will receive an IRS 1099 form in the amount of $2500 at the appropriate time.
6. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes permission to use winner's name, photograph, voice, opinions, biographical information and/or likeness for purposes of advertising and promotion in any media, worldwide, without further compensation as permitted by law.
7. Prize (1): One (1) grand prize trip to the new Crayola Experience in Easton, Pennsylvania will be awarded to the winner of the Sweepstakes and up to four (4) additional family members and/or friends for a total of five (5) persons. Trip package includes round trip, coach-class air transportation for up to five (5) people from a major airport near winner’s home (determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) or car transportation if, in the judgment of Sponsor, air travel is not required due to winner’s proximity to prize location in Easton, Pennsylvania; hotel accommodations for two (2) consecutive nights at a hotel determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion (room and room tax only) (two rooms for 5 people or one room if 4 or fewer travelers) for a total of a three-day trip; () one (1) days of Free Admission to the new Crayola Experience for up to five people; a Personalized Tour of the Crayola Experience for winner and guests; one (1) meal for up to five (5) people in the Crayola Café; a Crayola gift basket valued at $250.00; a one-year supply of Snyder’s of Hanover® pretzels (awarded in the form of 52 coupons for one (1) free Snyder’s of Hanover® product); and one (1) Snyder’s of Hanover® gift basket. Travel must be arranged through Sponsor at least 60 prior to desired travel dates. Prize trip must be taken before February 28, 2015, or prize will be forfeited with no substitution or compensation to winner. Travel must be round trip. Sponsor will determine airline and flight itinerary, if applicable, in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Sweepstakes, and those set forth by the Sponsor’s airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the package description above, including but not limited to, ground transportation, meals, incidentals, gratuities, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are the responsibility solely of winner. Travel companions must be eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of departure, unless a child of winner or a child of another travel companion. Travel companions must travel on same itinerary and at the same time as the winner. Travel companions must execute liability/publicity releases prior to issuance of travel documents. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Estimated retail value of grand prize trip: $2,500.00. Any difference between stated value and actual value will not be awarded. If winner cannot accept a prize as specified, prize will be forfeited in its entirety. In the event that the prize is forfeited for any reason after a winner has been confirmed and the prize awarded, Sponsor shall have no obligation to select an alternate winner.
8. By accepting a prize, winner agrees to defend, indemnify, release and hold harmless Snyder’s-Lance, Inc., its subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind resulting from acceptance, possession or use of any prize, including without limitation, personal injuries, death and property damage.
9. Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Western District of North Carolina or the appropriate North Carolina State court located in Mecklenburg County, North Carolina; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of North Carolina without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules.
10. Information collected from entrants is subject to Sponsor’s Privacy Statement, which may be reviewed at http://www.snyderslance.com/privacy.
11. For the name of the winner, hand-print your name and complete address on a 3” x 5” card and mail to: 2013 Snyder’s “Crayola Experience” Sweepstakes Winner, P.O. Box 1876, Poughkeepsie, NY 12601-1876, for receipt by February 15, 2014. Allow four to six weeks following the close of the Sweepstakes for processing of request.
Sponsor: Snyder’s-Lance, Inc., 13024 Ballantyne Corporate Place, Suite 900, Charlotte, NC 28277.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Information is being provided to Sponsor, not Facebook.
Pretzels make a great start to any Recipe.
See the Featured Recipes
or see all recipes
The Snyder’s of Hanover 2013 Pretzel Coaster Build-Off Contest
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. THE CHANCES OF WINNING ARE DEPENDENT ON THE NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE CHANCES OF WINNING.
The Pretzel Coaster Build-Off Contest (“the Contest”) begins at 12:00:00 PM Eastern Time (“ET”) on March 15, 2013, and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on June 9, 2013. Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for the Contest.
1. WHO CAN ENTER:
a. The Contest is open only to legal residents New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, District of Columbia, Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina.
b. Entrants must be 8 years of age and over at the time of Contest registration. This contest is operated in compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act ("COPPA"). Employees, officers and directors of Snyder’s of Hanover (“Sponsor”) and SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment LLC d/b/a Busch Gardens® Williamsburg (“BGW”), affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, their immediate families (parent, child, sibling or spouse) and persons living in the same households as such individuals (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate in the Contest. By entering the Contest, participants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor and BGW, their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, representatives, retailers, agencies and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents from any and all liability, claims, losses, injuries, demands, damages, actions, and/or causes of actions whether direct or indirect, which may be due to or arise out of participation in the Contest or any portion thereof, or the acceptance, use/misuse or possession of prizes. The Official Rules and the decisions of the independent judges are final and binding in all respects. Void where prohibited by law, rule or regulation. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
By entering the Contest, participants and their parents/legal guardians agree to accept and be bound by all terms of these Official Rules and Regulations.
2. HOW TO ENTER:
No purchase necessary to participate. Contestants must fulfill the following condition in order to be qualified a Semi-Finalist:
(a) Be the winner of the 2012 Pretzel Coaster Build-off to defend champion title
(b) Enter the contest as outlined below for a chance to be a semi-finalist
Limit one (1) Contest entry per person. Potential winners who are discovered during prize verification to have entered or attempted to enter more than once may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the judges.
The Contest Entry Phase begins at 12:00:00 PM Eastern Time ("ET") on March 15, 2013 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on June 9, 2013 (“Contest Entry Period”).
To submit an entry into the Contest, go to the following Web site address http://www.Pretzelcoaster.snydersofhanover.com. Participants will be asked to submit their date of birth and email address before registering. Participants will proceed to the Registration page after accepting the Terms of Service. Once registered, entrants will be able to submit a creation file entry to be entered into the Contest. (See “Creation Entry Details” below).
By authorizing a child to participate, the parent agrees to these official rules and the grant of license set forth below. Entrants between 8 and 18 years of age must request permission to enter from their parents or legal guardians.
Creation Entry Details:
Once registered, entrants can submit an entry into the Contest by creating and uploading a photograph of their own roller coaster model from using pieces from any of the Snyder’s of Hanover pretzel products. Computer enhancement is not allowed and will lead to disqualification. This model should not exceed the size of 6 feet wide or 4 feet high. FILE FORMAT MUST BE IN JPEG, NOT TO EXCEED 10 MEGABYTES IN SIZE. The entry must be the entrant’s own work. Once you submit your file, you will be officially entered into the Contest. Contest Entries cannot be revised or altered once submitted. Once submitted, all submitted components become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Should you experience any difficulties with any aspect of Pretzel Coaster Build-Off Contest, please visit the Snyder’s of Hanover webpage at www.snydersofhanover.com and send a message on the Contact Us page. Your request will be answered promptly.
Information regarding Submitted Files:
The Sponsor shall have the right to disqualify any entries that they deem to be obscene, vulgar, sexually explicit, lewd, derogatory, inappropriate, or otherwise not in good taste, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion.
LICENSE: Entrant grants Sponsor and BGW and their designees the right, but not the obligation to edit, remove, modify, publish, license, print, transmit, display or otherwise use the creation and all accompanying personally identifiable information entrant submits (collectively, the “Submission”), via all forms of media now known or hereafter devised (including on http://www.snydersofhanover.com, and www.buschgarden.com/BGW), collectively “Websites”, worldwide, in perpetuity, without notice to you and without compensation.
WARRANTY: Entrant represents and warrants that (i) entrant’s Submission was taken by entrant, (ii) the Submission is original to entrant and does not infringe upon or otherwise violate any right of any third party, and (iii) entrant has all rights necessary to submit the Submission, including all necessary authorizations and permissions from any persons included in the Submission, (iv) that the Submission will not include unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic or other material that would violate the law; advertising for third party products or services.
All Submissions may be posted on the publicly accessible Contest Web site during and following the Contest. The Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, illegible, incomplete, stolen, garbled or misdirected entries, all of which are void.
3. EVALUATION OF ENTRIES:
Contest judging will begin at 12:00:00 PM Eastern Time (“ET”) on June 17, 2013 and will end at 11:59:59 PM ET on June 18, 2013.
All entries will be reviewed by a panel of Sponsor and BGW employees based on the following criteria: 50% on creativity, and 50% on originality. Note: entries must be created using only pieces from the aforementioned Snyder’s of Hanover products. Adhesives are also allowed for purposes of securing pieces together. Finished entry can be adhered to a board or any solid, stable surface.
All entries will be posted on the Sponsor’s website for voting by the public that reside in the United States (see “Who Can Enter, section “b”” above). Voting will commence on June 11, 2013 at 12:00:00 PM Eastern Time (“ET”) and will end at 11:59:59 PM ET on June 16, 2012. The entry receiving the most votes will be awarded a place in the finals and designated as the “People’s Choice” winner. One vote per person will be allowed. Any attempt to place more than one vote per User ID will be disqualified and not influence the voting tally. The final Four (4) entries for the final will be selected by the Sponsor and BGW from the remaining Pretzel Coaster entries based on the previously mentioned criteria.
4. PRIZE AWARDING/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE:
Limit one (1) prize per household.
Semi-finalist prizes: Six (6) semi-finalist prizes will be awarded and will consist of a trip to Busch Gardens Williamsburg where the winners will have the chance to compete for the Grand Prize. This semi-finalist prize consists of four (4) Discovery Tickets good for both Busch Gardens® Williamsburg and Water Country USA® in Williamsburg, VA (good for 7 consecutive days), three (3) night hotel stay for four (single room, quad occupancy), four (4) meal certificates, one (1) $100 gas card and post-build picnic for four (4). Estimated retail value: $1,065.96.
The chance to win the grand prize will take place at Busch Gardens Williamsburg on July 11, 2013 at the in-park Pretzel Coaster Build Off. The semi-finalists must be able to attend this event on the stated date otherwise the winner will have to forfeit the prize and an alternate winner will be chosen.
Finalist prizes: Grand prize: One (1) grand prize will be awarded to the winner of the in-park Coaster Build-Off and will consist of four (4) Two-Park/Two-Year passes good at Busch Gardens Williamsburg and Water Country USA for two (2) years from the date of activation (passes must be activated by October 31, 2013), a one-year supply of Snyder’s of Hanover pretzels (52 coupons for one free Snyder’s of Hanover product), one (1) Snyder’s of Hanover gift basket and a Snyder’s of Hanover baseball cap. Estimated retail value: $1,307.96. Second prize: One (1) second prize will be awarded to the runner-up and will consist of four (4) One-Park/One-Year passes good at Busch Gardens Williamsburg for one (1) year from the date of activation (passes must be activated by October 31, 2013), one (1) barrel of Snyder’s of Hanover pretzels and one (1) Snyder’s of Hanover baseball cap. Estimated retail value: $787.96. Third prize: One (1) third prize will be awarded to the second runner-up and will consist of four (4) 2013 Fun Cards (good at Busch Gardens from March 2014 to September 2014), one (1) barrel of Snyder’s of Hanover pretzels and one (1) Snyder’s of Hanover baseball cap. Estimated retail value: $325.80.
Black out dates apply and include, but are not limited to, New Year’s week, President’s Week, Easter Week, Memorial Day Weekend, Fourth of July Week, Labor Day Weekend, Veterans Week, Thanksgiving and the last two weeks of December.
Prizes will only be awarded upon potential winners’ verification and final approval by Sponsor. No substitution, transfer of any prize or cash alternative permitted, except by the Sponsor who reserves the right, in it’s sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value, if any prize, or any portion of any prize, becomes unavailable.
Semi-finalist winners will be notified by phone initially on or about June 18, 2013, and confirmed in writing via certified mail. Winner will be required to complete, sign, and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Waiver, and where allowable, a Publicity Release within seven (7) days of prize notification. [Grand prize winner's travel companion(s) must also complete and sign a publicity/liability release and return it within the same time period.] [Travel companion must be 21 or if travel companion is under 21 the publicity liability release must be signed by the companion’s parent or a legal guardian and travel companion must be traveling with parent or legal guardian]. In the event of noncompliance within this time period, prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected. Any prize notification or prize returned to the Sponsor or its agencies as undeliverable will result in disqualification and the awarding of that prize to an alternate winner.
After confirming this notification via mail and upon verification, the semi-finalists will be sent travel vouchers to BGW to arrive at BGW by the morning of July 11, 2013 when all six (6) Semi-Finalists will be required to build a replica of one of the Busch Gardens Williamsburg roller coasters at the park. Semi-finalists will be provided the necessary tools and products to replicate the coaster. The building of the pretzel coasters will be timed and must be completed within three (3) hours.
5. GENERAL RULES:
All federal, state, local and provincial laws and regulations apply. All prizes will be awarded and winners will be informed via phone and certified mail – see Rules# 4. Winners may make no substitution/transfer of prizes. All federal, state, and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winners. Sponsor and BGW are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, illegible or unreadable entries. The six (6) Prize Winners consent to use of name/likeness/entry material in any manner by the Contest Sponsor and BGW for advertising/trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. By participating, entrants (and if considered a minor in the state in which he/she resides their parent and/or legal guardian) agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the judges. By accepting prize, winners agree to hold Sponsor and BGW harmless against any and all claims and liability arising out of administration of this contest, participation in this contest and/or use of any prize or portion thereof. Winners assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused by participation in this promotion or use or redemption of any prize.
This Contest is conducted in English (which will be given its everyday ordinary meaning), and any and all disputes will be resolved in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania without regard for conflict of laws principles.
The Sponsor is not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, for incorrect or inaccurate entry information howsoever caused or other error of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic. Entrants found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Contest, as solely determined by the judges, will be disqualified. If disqualified for any of the above abuses, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate entrant's eligibility to participate in the Contest. In the event this Contest is compromised by virus, bugs, unauthorized intervention or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, corrupt, or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend or terminate the Contest. In no event will more prizes be awarded than those listed in Rules #4.
7. TAX INFORMATION:
All federal, state, local, and other taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of the applicable winner or, if the winner is a minor, his or her parent or legal guardian.
8. OFFICIAL RULES OR WINNER’S LIST:
For a copy of the Official Rules or the Winners' List, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the following address by June 20, 2013 (please specify "Official Rules" or "Winners"): The Pretzel Coaster Build-Off Contest Winners List Request, P.O. Box 1876, Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
Sponsored and administered by:
© 2013 Snyder’s-Lance
© 2013 SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved.